Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Another Day in Detroit

It was another fine day in the city of Detroit. August is the time to come out and see the city. The weather is fair and the scenes are plentiful. I spent a good portion of my day looking for ways to stay occupied. I took a cruise down Grand River to see some new art that has recently gone up and I stayed there for a good half hour just relaxing and soaking it all up.
grand river detroit
grand river avenue detroit


I moved on from Grand River and ended up in the West Side Industrial area by Corktown and the Michigan Central Station. I had no main direction for the day, I was just cruising. 
Detroit Graffiti

Detroit Graffiti
I continued cruising around and decided to chill out for a minute behind the train station. 


Behind Michigan Central Station

Behind Michigan Central Station

Behind Michigan Central Station

 Michigan Central Station

 Michigan Central Station
I noticed the vibe in the city was very mellow as I moved along Michigan Avenue to take a trip down to Jefferson. I figured I would check out the Riverfront and make my way downtown for some more scenes. 
Detroit

Detroit
I ended my little August excursion by hopping back on I-75 and I enjoyed light traffic all the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment