Friday, May 24, 2013

The Origin Of BMF, or How To Breed A Hustler


 The Black Mafia Family made US history when it became one of the most profitable and flamboyant drug cartels to date. Every profitable business has a solid business minded person or persons running the show. In BMF's case, the masterminds were the Flenory Brothers. The Flenory brothers grew up in this low key home at the end of Edsel st in Detroit. I would often find myself looking over at this neighborhood while in Southwest Detroit and wondering how anyone could live so close to the heavy pollution from the refinery directly across I-75. I had no knowledge prior to watching the documentary below that the Flenory's lived on the very street I would always look at while having this passing thought. It's no wonder that the Flenory Brothers became hustlers out of necessity, and when they made it, they shared the success and rarely used violence. These guys were some classy gangsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment